ReSET volunteer John Emler recently attended a science teaching session at the Greenbelt, MD Community Center. Additional sessions are scheduled:
June 22nd & 23rd: Chemistry: Introduce the basic concepts of chemistry and show how chemical reactions can be controlled.
John reports that the program:
- Is sponsored and paid for by the City of Greenbelt
- Covers one topic each month, repeated at two different facilities in Greenbelt, , 7:00 to 8:30 pm.
- Children 8 to 16 are welcome – free. Parents usually stay – also free.
- Teacher is a Physics graduate student at MD U. – He has access to equipment similar to what would be in a high school physics class.
- Teacher is paid – amount not determined and does a very good job.
- Class room is large and suited for 15 + students. However, only two students came.
- They are advertising the program in the City of Greenbelt newsletter of planning.